Before you come to your appointment, there are a few things that you should do that will help you get clarity, and will help you make the absolute most out of your reading:
- Start early. Start your preparation ritual as soon as possible, in the interest of giving yourself as much time as you may need. It may take a while for ideas to come to you. You may want to sleep on the issues before you add them to your list. These things are perfectly normal. Just give yourself as much time as you find necessary for you to feel the work is complete.
- List your issues. Start by making a list of the issues that you might like to discuss during your session. Don't count on your memory to help you during the session—the page will be far more reliable. Besides, when you make your list ahead of time, that means you'll have plenty of time to change your mind if you want or need to. While you are organizing your list, consider placing the items in the order that makes your heart beat fastest.
- Form the questions. I do my best work for you when you ask for information by forming open-ended questions. Open-ended questions may begin with the words What or how. They ask for information by assuming the reader will commune with Spirit to fill in the blanks. (If you need help phrasing your questions, please let me know.) Open-ended questions are never answered with a simple yes or no. (It's best not to ask me that kind of question, since they disturb my flow.) This requires a little preparation on your part. Spend the time and invest the energy, to make the best use of your time.
- Prioritize. Once you have the list, take some time to place the items in the order in which you would like to address them. Putting the list in order will help you make sure you have a clear sense of direction around how to spend your appointment time. It may also clarify your goals for the session—not only what you want to know, but how you would like to feel when you leave your appointment.
- Take it easy. The Eagles were right. On the day of your reading, go to the appointment with a quiet, relaxed mind. Meditate or say a prayer before you go in. Your focus is an important gift that you can give yourself.
- Make a record. In order to give yourself the best experience, take a pad and paper with you. Making notes about what happens during your reading is an excellent idea. It means that you won't have to strain to remember all of the details, and that you can be more present as a result. Taking notes means that you're less likely to suffer from psychic amnesia (blanking out about important details of your life in the middle of a reading). Some psychics offer recordings of their sessions. Ask your reader if she or he can provide a recording, or whether they mind if you create your own recording of your session. Your smartphone may have the equipment you need. This will give you a lasting record of your experience.
- Create some space. Do your best to give yourself at least a free hour or two after the appointment, so that you can rest, relax, and process for a while. Whether or not you decided to tell a friend about your appointment, it may be useful to take some alone time before you move on to the next commitment. A reading is not an everyday experience. Give yourself time and special care in order to absorb it.
In the days and weeks after your reading, you may remember more about topics that came up during the session. You may begin to make connections about your life that had eluded you previously. These things are normal. Hold the space for yourself with compassion. That's the most important gift that you can give –to both yourself and the world.
I am ready to support you. Are you ready to go deeper?
Request an appointment now.